TOP

Kajiura/Urobuchi/ufotable/Fate/Zero combo, more reasons to envy the Americans, and OMG AKB

I'm not making much progress with the recap for the last two episodes for Madoka, which is lame, but I'm really hoping to get them up pretty soon.

I've also added a chatbox, in a pique of what can only be misplaced optimism. But if anyone wants to say something, feel free.

And now, some news.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


It's been confirmed that Kajiura Yuki will be composing the music for ufotable's upcoming anime adaptation of Fate/Zero, a prequel to Type-Moon's Fate/stay night. You'll probably have known this if you're a Madoka fan, but the novel the anime will be based on was penned by no other than the now-legendary Urobuchi Gen.

I'd been hoping that Kajiura would collaborate with ufotable once more, after the visual and aural feast that was Kara no Kyoukai, but for that project to be Fate/Zero? The potential for epicness has just been expanded to ridiculous proprotions. I've been steadily coming down from my post-Madoka high, so I'm very glad to have something new and Kajiura-related to be enthusiastic about. The anime's scheduled to be out in October -- can't wait till then.

It also seems likely that Kalafina or another Kajiura-project will be recording an OP or ED for the anime -- from what I've heard here and there Kajiura's already started recording a song with some vocalists.

Photobucket


Speaking of Kalafina, my favourite trio will be performing at Anime Expo in Los Angeles. No word on whether Kajiura will be coming along though. Come on, ladies, why won't you come to Singapore, we're on the same freaking continent!

Instead, Singapore's getting AKB48, which is great for AKB48 fans and potentially horrifying for everyone else (sorry, I'm just not an idol band fan...) The updates from Anime Festival Asia's page that appear on my Facebook feed do keep catching my attention, however, and it seems that tickets are selling fast. I'll have to remember not to go into town on the days they perform. Or maybe I will, just out of curiosity...

To end off, here's a fanmade piano rearrangement/medley of music from Madoka, shared by Nick Hunter on the Canta-per-me.net forums. It is gorgeous -- if you have any love for the music on Madoka it's well worth the listen. Something to tide us over while waiting for the OST...

0 comments:

Post a Comment