TOP

Oh hey Kalafina again

I told myself I wouldn't do another Kalafina entry till Magia came out (if I didn't control myself this blog would be overflowing with entries of every little thing they did, and Canta-per-me.net does a far better job anyway). But when one of the lovely denizens on the aforementioned site's forums linked to this video, well...I couldn't help myself.


Courtesy of Kawaii Girl Japan, a site I wish I'd heard of earlier

One of the few subtitled video interviews/comments available of Kalafina! While I appreciate the translated transcripts of other videos that fellow fans have kindly provided, it's nice to know what they're saying as they say it.

Suffice to say this is not helping my obsession in the least. Wakana is charmingly talkative as usual, Keiko surprisingly comes across as a little subdued -- an impression broken by that silly healing spell moment at about 7:06 -- and Hikaru can be pretty eloquent when talking about their songs.

Overall, they are adorable.

They also seem pretty serious about taking care of their singing voices (then again, this isn't something I know much about).

It's clear that the subs are kind of paraphrased, but that's fine. I did catch what I thought was a rather glaring mistake though. Where Keiko says "Peter no nii-chan" (as in, Nathan Petrelli, and yes, they're talking about Heroes) the subs just say "Peter". But I can forgive the subber(s) for that, certainly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment